Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mac & Cheese -START-


The day It all started - summer of 2009 -




 -------1976 VW beetle --------
Fuel injection convertible
4 speed manual
color: orange w/ black top
Interior: leather seats & plastic stuff

It all started on a grey nasty day in Philth-a-delphia. Driving down Girard St, one hand on the wheel the other picking out the morning eye boogies. Already late to work by a minute or two, I'm flying down swerving from lane to lane since everyone on the right lane loves to double park. I come to a stop under the Girard L line, and there she was, so beautiful. No not a Snooki look alike standing on the corner smoking a cigarette. My new shinning orange mobile. It was love at first sight. I quickly wrote down the phone number and called the owner. I should have known that it was a manual transmision, but who cares its time for me to learn anyways and the price, $ 3,200. Hell, I have been working my ass off and I need a present. So I drove to the shop and told Brian all about it, blushing like a little girl that has a crush on the backstreet boys. He only added to the excitement. We talked about going there after work and checking it out. Luckily Bry drove a manual, so we headed out and there she was with her top down. We did a 360 view around the body and we both jumped in for a test ride, both nodding at each other with approval. Bry took it around some hard corners and down on Colombus Blv picking up speeds of 50+.
       We pull up to the owner, but Bry was having a hard time parallel parking it. We learned to reverse you have to push the rod down and pull back. I quickly wiped my smirk off and turned on my business face. I turned to the owner and asked " how do we do this $ 3,200 isn't going to work, but $ 2,700 cash right now is feasible". Few minutes went by scratching our heads and the deal was made. We did all the boring steps and the car was mine. 
      Too bad I couldn't drive it yet. Luckily we had just moved to our new shop and there was plenty of room to park it there for the night. Next day my friend Jack came down from the Northeast and drove it to my house. From there on I taught myself how to drive it. Taking the car out late at night stalling on every stop sign. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Description

Description